Misfit Disciples in an Orthodox World

Misfit Disciples in an Orthodox World
"You had better be a round peg in a square hole than a round peg in a round hole. The latter is in for life, while the first is only an indeterminate sentence." – Elbert Hubbard

Comfort From Unlikely Sources

Thursday, August 23, 2012

This will be short, but worthy of a post in my mind: 

Luke 7 tells us of the story of the woman of "ill repute" that approached Jesus in a Pharisee's home. She's weeping and we find her sitting at Jesus' feet, washing them with her tears, drying them with her hair. What a beautiful picture! I woke up thinking of this today. Where it come from, I have no clue! Not like I've spent a lot of time reading scripture of late. But, it has impacted me deeply.

Sometimes, we feel lost and helpless. The people we expect to reach out to us do not, and it hurts. Trust me, I know. But there are times when those we least expect, those of "ill repute" if you will, who step up and lend a helping hand. That is a humbling thought; one worthy of our attention. Life doesn't always give us what we want, and there are times we find ourselves in untenable situations, but comfort and hope can come from sources you never dreamed of. I've had many of those days lately, and I know.


0 comments:

Post a Comment